When we were soldering, he never told me to “be careful,” but he would tell me a story: A previous grad student had made a habit of soldering without safety glasses. One day, he heard a “pop!,” then a scream. The solder had fizzled and a piece of molten metal had flown into her eye.”
I always wear safety glasses.
Before he retired, Mr. Magnet helped me out with getting my experiment operational. He taught me how to set up relays for my interconnect and auto-shut off system so that I would be safe. Together, we got a little shocked, caught a soldering iron on fire, caused some minor water damage, and welded with a torch. His circuit diagrams were works of art.
A clean picture of the plate and my two favorite mugs. I’m her proud sister, so I have to plug: she is nicoleaquillano on Instagram if you want to see more 😁
His name is Auchie! He is 10, asthmatic, and has an inhaler 😭
Electrical Engineer. PhD. Pimaker.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!