OK so today all the available evidence is telling me that the maths word for "on the same line" is "collinear" with two Ls and it's pronounced like it's spelled, like it's about Colin's ear, and just what the hell? I've been writing and saying "colinear" and just what is this?


@andrewt As if this weren't all confusing enough, I believe the set of points depicted here is what's technically known as collielinear.

· · Web · 1 · 1 · 2

@andrewt Probably a category theorist will be along shortly to explain to us what it means for a set of copoints to be cocolliecollinear.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!